When 60% of the body is made up of water, it does become a vital part of the system. From brain activity to blood circulation, water plays the most important role in any functioning. It is the most quintessential element for survival.
Water is important in its purest form, intake of fruit juice, milk, and other fluids must not be considered as some substitute for water. The importance of drinking water has been over and over-stressed by doctors, fitness experts, and everyone who believes in healthy living. At least 8 ounces of water must be sipped in a day to provide adequate hydration to the body.
Dehydration means that the body cells do not have enough water to absorb and this can be the beginning of so many issues in the body that can eventually become grave if not taken care of timely. What does water do for your body? it keeps these cells hydrated and healthy.
Here are the top 10 answers for what does water for your body:
- It helps in digestion- The kind of food we eat today can sometimes take a longer time to digest. To keep the metabolism in check it is important to keep drinking water as it helps boost up the metabolism and break down food faster.
- To maintain appropriate body weight – It is essential to maintain proper body weight, drinking enough water keeps you hydrated and helps in controlling calories, it helps to keep your body feeling energetic. Drinking enough water also does not allow carbs and fats from settling in the body.
- Absorbing nutrients- If your body is dehydrated, it will not be able to absorb the essential nutrients that it needs. Water helps the cells to absorb these better so the cells can function better.
- Healthier looking skin – Water maintains skin health, keeps it glowing, and prevents issues such as acne and dryness.
- Improves brain performance – Brain cells like any other cells need to be kept hydrated for better functioning. A lot of people face forgetfulness and other issues if their brain cells do not function properly. To maintain the proper functioning of the brain, one of the essential things to do is to drink a lot of water.
- Better functioning kidneys: The main role of the kidneys is to help flush out toxins from the body. The kidneys will not function properly if there is limited and not enough water intake in the body.
- Helps you stay active – Your physical activity also depends on the cells in the body feeling healthy, If the cells in the body are not hydrated and healthy, you will tend to feel tired, and you will notice a lack of energy and fatigue throughout the day which will, in turn, affect your day-to-day activities.
- Lubrication of joints- Our joints have lubrication in between them, this helps avoid friction between them, if the water intake in the body is not sufficient, the joints will tend to have less lubrication and more friction which will eventually cause pain in the joints and inflammation.
- Maintained body temperature – The body has its own way of regulating the heat in the body by maintaining fluids and sweating, during the summers and rising temperatures, it is necessary to bring down heat levels in the body by drinking water to avoid heat strokes, etc.
- Headaches- When your body is dehydrated due to some food or liquid intake or due to any other reason, it can cause headaches. Water is a blessing and a cure in such cases., it helps the headaches if you drink water.
Realizing the importance of water and what does water for your body is the first step toward good health. Choosing the right good water is the second. The market may have many available options but Bioplus’ range of alkaline water filters, bottles, etc are not only healthy but are also a step towards a healthy lifestyle as the alkaline water helps to absorb nutrients in the body better. Visit our website to know more about alkaline water and the best options available.